Stephan Assheuer is a chartered naval architect with a wealth of experience in maritime regulatory affairs. Throughout the last decades he has been involved in a wide range of regulatory projects within IMO and IACS, such as the Ballast Water Management Convention, the revision of the Load Line Convention, the revision of SOLAS Chapter XII, the IMO GBS or the ongoing revision of SOLAS Chapter III. Stephan has chaired various Working Groups at IMO and IACS and is well known for his straight-forward and effective way of working. Since 2018 Stephan is nominated by Germany as GBS auditor and since 2022 as IMSAS auditor.
As partner and managing director of admaris, Stephan’s knowledge, experience and dedication to quality and efficiency are available for the benefit of our customers. Stephan is Visiting Lecturer at the World Maritime University (WMU) in Malmö
The pessimist complains about the wind,
the optimist expects it to change,
the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward
- 2011 onwardsPartner and managing Director at admaris GmbH, Hamburg, Germany
- 2007 – 2010
Vice President and Head of Competence Centre International Regulations and Flag State Affairs at Germanischer Lloyd, Head Office, Hamburg, Germany
- 2002 – 2007Head of Department Flag State Affairs at Germanischer Lloyd, Head Office, Hamburg, Germany
- 1995 – 2002Technical Expert Freeboard Department and Stability Department at Germanischer Lloyd, Head Office, Hamburg, Germany
- 1994 – 1995Project engineer steering gear at Barkemeyer Schiffstechnik, Reinbek, Germany
- 1994Graduation as Diplom-Ingenieur (MSc Naval Architect), University of Hamburg
- 1985Examination as qualified boatbuilder